Dr. Sung-Oh Kim is the founder of Dentistry for Smiles. Dr. Kim is a leading dental implant, cosmetic and restorative dentist with the specialty of Prosthodontics. Although she focuses on Cosmetic and Implant Dentistry, Full Mouth Reconstruction, she still offers an outstanding comprehensive dental care.
Dr. Kim graduated from University of Alabama at Birmingham, School of Dentistry and Medicine, one of the finest medical schools in the world. She has also received her PhD in Cell Biology with outstanding research publications focusing cell signaling and growth factors from University of Alabama at Birmingham.
Following graduation, Dr. Kim decided to specialize in Prosthodontics, one of the most complicated areas of dentistry. She completed a three-year specialty program in Prosthodontics from the University of Alabama at Birmingham, where she specialized in implant dentistry, full mouth reconstruction, and served as a clinical instructor. During her many years as a dental educator, practitioner and researcher in the southeast area, Dr. Kim has established a highly distinguished reputation. Dr. Kim has attracted a great number of satisfied patients, including celebrities and dentists!
At Dentistry for Smiles, Dr. Kim uses state-of-the-art equipment and the most current technology available today. She has the "magic touch", creating that perfect and beautiful smile. Dr. Kim continuously keeps abreast of the latest advances and developments in the field of dentistry, Prosthodontics, dental implantology, by participating in numerous postgraduate education, training courses, and research.
Sung-Oh Kim, DMD, PhD
- Practice at Dentistry for Smiles
- Practice at DentFirst Dental Care
- Prosthodontics Specialty, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 2008
- American College of Prosthodontics EF Scholoship Award, 2006
- American College of Prosthodontics Award, 2005
- DMD, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 2005
- Post Doctoral Research and Education, 2001
- The Endocrine Scociety Travel Grant Award, 2000
- Published numerous outstanding research publications including Journal of Biological Chemistry.
- PhD in Cell Biology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 1999
- B.S. , Seoul National University with Summa Cum Laude, 1992
- Member of American College of Prosthodontists
- Member of American Dental Association
- Member of Georgia Dental Association